A Heavy Vehicle Mechanic Apprenticeship provides training in the overhaul, service and repair of mechanical parts for road transport vehicles such as the engine, transmission and suspension systems. They may also repair the ignition, electronic engine management and electrical systems and conduct safety/roadworthy inspections. Work can be performed on vehicles such as trucks, busses, bulldozers and other earthmoving equipment.
You may be expected to
- Discuss problems with vehicle drivers
- Repair and service cooling systems and diesel fuel systems
- Repair and maintain hydraulic components of diesel engines
- Overhaul manual and automatic transmissions and air braking systems
- Repair and service steering and suspension systems
A Heavy Vehicle / Diesel Mechanic Apprenticeship can lead to becoming a…
Heavy Vehicle / Diesel Mechanic, Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanic, Workshop Manager/Owner.
You may also be interested in…