Attention To Detail
A Commercial Cookery Apprenticeship provides training to plan, cook, and organise foods within a kitchen. Depending on your workplace, the duties and skills learned can vary.
You may be expected to
- Prepare food including appetisers, stocks, sauces, meat, seafood and salads.
- Plan menus and work out food labour costs together with the head chef
- Order food, kitchen supplies and equipment
- A high level of personal cleanliness
- Enjoy cooking
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility to perform shift work on a 24hour rotating roster as required
- Able to work under pressure and stay calm under difficult circumstances
The skills and knowledge gained during the time completing a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery will allow you to have the experience for several job roles within the industry.
A Commercial Cookery Apprenticeship can lead to various career outcomes such as caterer, cook, chef and hotelier.
You may also be interested in…