A Wood Machining Apprenticeship provides training to be able to set up, operate and maintain woodworking machines to cut, plane, shape and sand wood to the required shape and size.
You may be expected to
- Prepare and interpret sketches and drawings
- Select timber for forestry operations
- Apply principles of blade design to sawing procedures
- Create drawings using computer aided design systems
- Assess and maintain saw performance
The skills and knowledge gained during the time completing a Certificate III in Wood Machining will allow you to have the experience for several other job roles within the industry.
A Wood Machining Apprenticeship can lead to various career outcomes such as cabinetmaking, shop fitting, joinery, and becoming a business operator.