Completion of a Sheet Metal apprenticeship will teach you how to produce metal sheet products such as ducting, hoods, lightweight structures, tanks and containers using various tools and/or welding and thermal cutting equipment.
You may be expected to
- Perform engineering measurements and computations
- Carry out mechanical cutting
- Assemble fabricated components
- Interpret technical drawings
- Repair/replace/modify fabrications
- Apply mathematical techniques in a manufacturing/engineering environment
The skills and knowledge gained during the time completing a Certificate III in Engineering (Fabrication) will allow you to have the experience for several other job roles within the industry.