A Plumbing Apprenticeship provides training in maintaining and repairing plumbing systems. Plumbers lay out, test and maintain pipes, fixtures, metal roofing, fittings, gas meters and regulators.
You may be expected to
- Prepare and study drawings and specifications
- Find and mark positions for connections
- Cut holes, measure pipes and mark cutting or bending lines
- Assemble and install piping, valves and fittings, join pipe sections and secure pipes
- Test lines to local plumbing regulations
- Install equipment such as boilers, pumps, heating and cooling systems, water tanks and fixtures such as toilets and wash basins
A Plumbing Apprenticeship can lead to becoming a…
Plumber, Gasfitter, Plumber and Drainer, Waster Water and Environmental Planner, Hydraulics Services.