During a fitter and turner apprenticeship, students learn how to fabricate, assemble, maintain and repair various equipment/machinery. Fitter and turners operate equipment such as lathes, mills, drilling equipment and welding equipment.
You may be expected to
- Perform engineering measurements and computations
- Interact with computing technology
- Use both hand and power tools
- Perform fault diagnostics
- Shut down and isolate machinery/equipment
The skills and knowledge gained during the time completing a Certificate III in Engineering (Mechanical) will allow you to have the experience for several other job roles within the industry.