Electricians install, maintain, repair, test and commission electrical and electronic equipment and systems for industrial, commercial and domestic purposes. Electricians may also work on electrical transmission and distribution equipment.
You may be expected to
- Install, maintain, repair, test & commission electrical equipment and systems for industrial & domestic purposes
- Read electrical, architectural & mechanical specifications to determine electrical requirements
- Plan layout of wiring system
- Test for, locate and repair electrical malfunctions
- Install electrical control systems
- Assemble & fabricate electrical components
- Connect electrical equipment to power supplies
A Certificate III in Electro technology will allow you to have the experience for several other job roles within the industry. An Electrical Apprenticeship can lead to various career outcomes such as an electrical contractor, fitter/equipment and systems technician, project manager and various roles in engineering technology.