A Business Administration Traineeship provides training in processing paperwork, using organisational skills and a variety of computer software. Involves a high level of customer service / interaction.
You may be expected to
- Sort and distribute incoming mail to relevant areas/staff and dispatch outgoing mail
- Prepare business letters, reports or office memoranda
- Answer telephone enquiries, assist visitors and other staff in the organisation with their enquiries
- Use a number of office machines such as photocopiers, computers and fax machines
- File paperwork which may include confidential documents
- Perform other duties such as banking, data entry or assist with payroll functions
The skills and knowledge developed after completing a Business Administration Traineeship create a strong platform and will give you the basics for a multitude of careers. It can lead to several opportunities varying with the industry of the organisation you work with.