This qualification describes the skills and knowledge required to perform flooring technology tasks, including preparing flooring surfaces, including polished concrete floors; and installing and finishing carpet, resilient, vinyl and timber flooring materials and polished concrete floors.
You may be expected to
- Use flooring technology sector hand and power tools
- Receive and prepare floor covering materials for installation
- Removal existing floor coverings
- Install carpet, laminate timber or bamboo floorings
- Make measurements and calculations
The skills and knowledge gained during the time completing a Certificate III in Painting and Decorating will allow you to have the experience for several job roles within the industry.
A Painting and Decorating Apprenticeship can lead to various career outcomes such as business operator and builder.