Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
East Coast Apprenticeships is aware of the disruption COVID-19 is having on business and in everyday life. We are committed to ensuring the health and safety of all those in our workplace and are actively taking steps to minimise any potential impact of coronavirus on our staff, apprentices, trainees, host employers and operations.
Along with our staff, we encourage our apprentices and trainees to follow guidelines from the World Health Organisation on infection control, both whilst at work and in their daily life. These include:
- frequently wash their hands by using soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitiser
- when coughing and sneezing, covering their mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue, throwing this tissue away immediately and washing their hands, and
- avoiding close contact with anyone who has fever and cough.
This situation is rapidly changing and extremely complex. For the health and safety of yourself and others in the workplace, we request that:
- You advise us if any of the workers in your workplace have a suspected or confirmed case of coronavirus immediately.
- If our apprentice or trainee begin to display symptoms of the virus, instruct them to follow Government guidance to find out what to do next. They must advise their Field Officer immediately and seek medical attention at the earliest opportunity.
- If any of your staff begin to display symptoms of the virus, instruct them to follow Government guidance to find out what to do next. They must seek medical attention at the earliest opportunity.
We are awaiting the advice of guidelines and processes for the recently announced Federal Government stimulus package for apprentices and trainees. Once we have received information, you will be advised accordingly.
Any other questions or concerns, please contact your Field Officer.
Please consider the following websites to ensure you are following updated advice: