Car & Licence Required
This qualification is designed to meet the needs of stonemasons working with sandstone, limestone, marble and other types of stone and stone products to produce stone monuments, buildings and building components, such as walls, floors, chimneys, stairs, windows, decorative mouldings, fireplaces and benchtops.
You may be expected to
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- Identify and use stone products
- Dress, shape and mould stone
- Use computer controlled static machinery to produce stone components
- Renovate and restore stone work
- Car & Licence is preferred in industry
- Practical and good hand – eye co-ordination
- Ability to work in a team
The skills and knowledge gained during the time completing a Certificate III in Stonemasonry will allow you to have the experience for several job roles within the industry including a business operator.