Construction White Card
Attention To Detail
A Shop Fitting Apprenticeship provides training in the construction of interior joinery. Shopfitters can also create the finishing touches on the inside and outside of structures. Shopfitters will install shopfronts such as, window frames, sashes, doors, architectural joinery and staircases.
You may be expected to
- Install furnishing
- Set out and assemble cabinets, wall units, counters etc
- Use construction hand tools
- Carry out measurements and calculations.
- Practical and good hand – eye co-ordination
- Ability to work in a team
- Good communications skills
The skills and knowledge gained during the time completing a Certificate III in Shop Fitting will allow you to have the experience for several other job roles within the industry.