Car & Licence Required
Construction White Card
Working At Heights
Roof tilers cover structures with roof tiles, slates or shingles to form waterproof surfaces. Tilers may specialise in tiling new roofs, repairing existing roofs or removing old roofs and replacing them. Roof tilers work involves a lot of bending, climbing and lifting. They work outdoors in all weather conditions.
You may be expected to
- Work out materials needed for a job by taking surface measurements or by looking at job specification drawings
- Erect scaffolding, cradles and ladders
- Tile, repair and renovate tile roofs including valleys and flashings
- Car & Licence is preferred in industry
- Physically fit
- A sense of balance and able to work at heights
- Good hand-eye coordination
The skills and knowledge gained during the time completing a Certificate III in Roof Plumbing will allow you to have the experience for several job roles within the industry.
A Roof Plumbing Apprenticeship can lead to various career outcomes such as business operator and builder.