Car & Licence Required
Attention To Detail
Panel beaters repair damage to metal, plastic and fibreglass bodywork on vehicles. They also make and form vehicle panels using machines or hand tools.
You may be expected to
- Remove damaged panels and components by unbolting or cutting them away
- Remove dents by hammering panels with panel beating tools such as a special hammer called a planishing hammer
- Straighten badly damaged vehicles using mechanical hydraulic equipment to obtain boot, door or bonnet clearances
- Car & Licence is preferred in industry
- Interested in practical work
This Apprenticeship can lead to various career outcomes such as business operator.