Car & Licence Required
Construction White Card
Attention To Detail
A Floor and Wall Tiling Apprenticeship provides training in the laying of different tiles which may include ceramic, clay, slate, marble, glass and other types on external and internal walls and floors to provide protective and decorative finishes.
You may be expected to
- View plans, measure and mark surfaces to be covered and lay out work
- Prepare wall and floor surfaces by removing old tiles, grout, adhesive and cement
- Fill and holes and cracks then clean surfaces
- Attach tiles to surfaces, using correct adhesive, making sure that patterned tiles match
- Car & Licence is preferred in industry
- Practical and good hand-eye co-ordination
- Able to do neat, accurate work
The skills and knowledge gained during the time completing a Certificate III in Floor and Wall Tiling will allow you to have the experience for several job roles within the industry.
A Floor and Wall Tiling Apprenticeship can lead to various career outcomes such as business operator and builder.