Attention To Detail
A fitter and turner apprentice fabricates, assembles, maintains and repairs various equipment/machinery. They also operate equipment such as lathes, mills, drilling equipment and welding equipment.
You may be expected to
- Perform engineering measurements and computations
- Interact with computing technology
- Use both hand and power tools
- Perform fault diagnostics
- Shut down and isolate machinery/equipment
- Practical and good hand – eye co-ordination
- Physically fit
- Above average understanding of mathematics
- Ability to work in a team
The skills and knowledge gained during the time completing a Certificate III in Engineering (Mechanical) will allow you to have the experience for several other job roles within the industry.