Car & Licence Required
Construction White Card
Working At Heights
Attention To Detail
A Carpentry Apprenticeship provides training in the planning and construction of building projects. You will learn how to construct things such as, windows, doors, walls, roofs and ceiling frames. You will also be taught to cut and bend materials and how to dismantle and construct framework and fixtures.
You may be expected to
- Read and interpret plans
- Construct formwork
- Build floors, walls, roofs, ceilings and lay timber floors
- Measure materials
- Use a variety of tools and equipment (power and hand tools)
- Carry out calculations
- Car & Licence is preferred in industry
- Practical and good hand – eye co-ordination
- Physically fit
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to work in a team
The skills and knowledge gained during the time completing a Certificate III in Carpentry will allow you to have the experience for several other job roles within the industry.
A Carpentry Apprenticeships can lead to various career outcomes such as a builder, a tradesman, a supervisor or even a project manager!