Car & Licence Required
Attention To Detail
A Cabinet Making Apprenticeship provides training to be able to make antique furniture, kitchen fittings, bedroom suites, office furniture, dining suites, shop fittings & furniture from wood.
You may be expected to
- Mark out, cut & shape wood using saws, chisels, planes & power tools
- Trim and glue joints and fit parts together to form sections of furniture
- Place sections in clamps, apply pressure and reinforce joints with nails, dowels and screws
- Deliver and install the completed product on site
- Practical and good hand – eye co-ordination
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Physically fit
- Ability to work in a team
The skills and knowledge gained during the time completing a Certificate III in Cabinet Making will allow you to have the experience for several other job roles within the industry.
A Cabinet Making Apprenticeship can lead to various career outcomes such as carpentry, shop fitting, joinery, and building contractor, specialist in the trade, project manager.