Car & Licence Required
Automotive Electricians install, maintain, diagnose faults and repair electrical wiring and computer based equipment in cars, trucks, caravans, trailers, earthmoving and agricultural equipment and boats.
You may be expected to
- Diagnose, service and repair faults on electronically controlled vehicle systems such as electronic fuel injection and ignition, anti-lock braking, cruise control and automatic transmissions.
- Test, replace, recondition and install equipment such as generators, alternators, starter motors and batteries.
- Repair or replace faulty ignitions, electrical wiring, fuses, lamps and switches and use specialised electrical tools and machines.
- Car & Licence is preferred in industry
- Problem solving skills
- Good eyesight and hearing
- Interested in practical work
- Manual licence preferred
The skills and knowledge gained during the time completing a Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology will allow you to have the experience for several job roles within the industry. This Apprenticeship can lead to various career outcomes such as business operator.