BRISBANE SOUTH VACANCIES
- : Acacia Ridge
Apprentice Wood Machinist
East Coast Apprenticeships is a proud traditional Group Training Organisation that employs Apprentices and Trainees in all industry areas. We have been in operations for 30 years and our core business is Group Training with a focus on traditional trade apprentices. We currently employ more than 400 apprentices and trainees and more than 2000 active Host Employers. With East Coast, you have the opportunity of placement with several Hosts throughout your apprenticeship giving you continued work and a wide set of skills at completion.
Wood Machinists set up, operate and maintain woodworking machines to cut, plane, shape and sand wood to the required shape and size.
NOTE: Junior wage rate apply
In addition to working in a factory and in the heat you may also be required
• Prepare and interpret sketches and drawings
• Select timber for forestry operations
• Assess and maintain saw performance
• Attach guides and other fittings to machines with clamps or bolts
In addition to being enthusiastic, committed and reliable, you will have a strong passion for this industry and ideally will:-
• Have your drivers licence and your own vehicle
• Enjoy math
• Have practical and good hand-eye co-ordination and attention to detail
• Understand the importance of Workplace Health & Safety
Applicants who have completed relevant work experience or pre-vocational courses in this industry will be very highly regarded.
Already completed an online Application with East Coast Apprenticeships?
Email your full name, email address, date of birth and Employer Reference Number BSWOOD to [email protected]