- : Brendale
Apprentice Fibreglasser (Composite Technician)
East Coast Apprenticeships is a proud traditional Group Training Organisation that employs Apprentices and Trainees in all industry areas. We have been in operations for 30 years and our core business is Group Training with a focus on traditional trade apprentices.
Composites Technicians make moulds and can produce and repair products from a range of materials including epoxy or polyester resins, glass, aramid or carbon fibre. The work involves some hand skills and some mechanised processes
NOTE: Junior wage rate apply
In addition to working in a physically demanding trade you may also be required to :-
• Apply lacquers and waxes to mold surfaces to facilitate assembly
• Apply layers of plastic resin to mold surfaces prior to placement of fiberglass mats, repeating layers until products have the desired thicknesses and plastics have jelled
• Work of blueprints / stencils/ samples and/or customer specifications
• Ad hoc duties as required
In addition to being enthusiastic, committed and reliable, you will have a strong passion for this industry and ideally will:-
• Have your drivers licence and your own vehicle
• Enjoy problem solving and maths
• Have attention to detail
• Understand the importance of Workplace Health & Safety
Applicants who have completed relevant work experience or pre-vocational courses in this industry will be very highly regarded.
Already completed an online Application with East Coast Apprenticeships?
Email your full name, email address, date of birth and Employer Reference Number STFIB to [email protected]