- : Ascot
Apprentice Commercial Cook
East Coast Apprenticeships is a proud traditional Group Training Organisation that employs Apprentices and Trainees in all industry areas. We have been in operations for 30 years and our core business is Group Training with a focus on traditional trade apprentices.
A Commercial Cook plans, cooks, and organises foods within a kitchen.
Depending on your workplace, the duties and skills learned can vary.
NOTE: Junior wage rate apply
In addition to working in a high pressure environment you may also be required to :-
• Prepare food including appetisers, stocks, sauces, meat, seafood and salads
• Plan menus and work out food labour costs with the head chef
• Order food, kitchen supplies and equipment
In addition to being enthusiastic, committed and reliable, you will have a strong passion for this industry and ideally will:-
• Have your driver’s licence and your own vehicle
• Have a high level of personal cleanliness
• Enjoy cooking
• Have good communication skills
• Be flexible to perform shift work on a 24-hour rotating roster
• Understand the importance of Workplace Health & Safety
Applicants who have completed relevant work experience or pre-vocational courses in this industry will be very highly regarded.
Already completed an online Application with East Coast Apprenticeships?
Email your full name, email address, date of birth and Employer Reference Number STCOO to [email protected]