SUNSHINE COAST VACANCIES
- : Caloundra
East Coast Apprenticeships is a proud traditional Group Training Organisation that employs Apprentices and Trainees in all industry areas. We have been in operations for 30 years and our core business is Group Training with a focus on traditional trade apprentices. We currently employ more than 400 apprentices and trainees and more than 2000 active Host Employers. With East Coast, you have the opportunity of placement with several Hosts throughout your apprenticeship giving you continued work and a wide set of skills at completion.
Carpenters plan and construct building projects. Carpenters can construct things such as windows, doors, walls, roof and ceiling frames.
NOTE: Junior wage rate apply
In addition to working outdoors and at heights in a physically demanding trade you may also be required to :-
• Read and interpret plans
• Construct formwork
• Build floors, walls, roofs, ceilings and lay timber floors.
• Measure materials
• Use a variety of hand and power tools and equipment
• Carry out calculations
In addition to being enthusiastic, committed and reliable, you will have a strong passion for this industry and ideally will:-
• Have your drivers licence and your own vehicle
• Enjoy problem solving and math’s
• Have practical and good hand-eye co-ordination as well as attention to detail
• Understand the importance of Workplace Health & Safety
• Have your own tools & a white card
• Be hard working & have a good attitude
• Have some onsite carpentry experience
• Be energetic
Applicants who have completed relevant work experience or pre-vocational courses in this industry will be very highly regarded.
Already completed an online Application with East Coast Apprenticeships?
Email your full name, email address, date of birth and Employer Reference Number SCCAR2 to [email protected]