- : Bundaberg
Disability Support Worker Traineeship
East Coast Apprenticeships is a proud traditional Group Training Organisation that employs Apprentices and Trainees in all industry areas. We have been in operations for 30 years and our core business is Group Training with a focus on traditional trade apprentices.
Do you want to make a difference in someone’s life? Do you have a passion to become a “Support Worker” in Youth & Disability industry? We have a fantastic opportunity for you to kick-start your career and complete a part-time Certificate III in Individual Support traineeship within the Bundaberg region. Applicants needed for immediate start.
NOTE: Mature age applicants are encouraged to apply
In this role you will require:
• Assist people with disability in residential care environment or through specific support programs.
• Social inclusion and community access
• Support with in-home care, cooking, cleaning, bathing, shopping, financial management, etc.
• Assist with medication and medical appointments
In addition to being enthusiastic, committed and reliable, you will have a strong passion for this industry and ideally will enjoy a positive, fun and vibrant work place. Successful applicants must have:
• Car licence, own reliable vehicle with full comprehensive insurance
• Blue & Yellow card (or ability to acquire)
• Minimum of three (3) references with one being most recent employer
• Compassion & resilience
• Ability to empower people
• Current first aid & CPR certificates is preferred
• Flexibility & ability to work outside normal business hours and weekends
• Must be physically fit
Applicants who have completed relevant work experience or pre-vocational courses in this industry will be very highly regarded.
Already completed an online Application with East Coast Apprenticeships?
Email your full name, email address, date of birth and Employer Reference Number BDDSW to [email protected]