- : Kippa-Ring
3rd or 4th Year Apprentice Cabinetmaker
East Coast Apprenticeships is a proud traditional Group Training Organisation that employs Apprentices and Trainees in all industry areas. We have been in operations for 30 years and our core business is Group Training with a focus on traditional trade apprentices. We currently employ more than 400 apprentices and trainees and more than 2000 active Host Employers. With East Coast, you have the opportunity of placement with several Hosts throughout your apprenticeship giving you continued work and a wide set of skills at completion.
Cabinetmakers make furniture, kitchen fittings, bedroom and dining suites, office furniture and shop fittings from wood.
NOTE: Junior wage rate apply
In addition to working in a physically demanding trade you may also be required to :-
• Mark, cut and shape wood using saws, chisels and power tools
• Trim and glue joints
• Fit parts together to form sections of furniture
• Deliver and install the completed product on site
In addition to being enthusiastic, committed and reliable, you will have a strong passion for this industry and ideally will:-
• Have your drivers licence and your own vehicle
• Enjoy problem solving and maths
• Have practical and good hand-eye co-ordination
• Understand the importance of Workplace Health & Safety
Applicants who have completed relevant work experience or pre-vocational courses in this industry will be very highly regarded.
Already completed an online Application with East Coast Apprenticeships?
Email your full name, email address, date of birth and Employer Reference Number STCAB2 to [email protected]