- : Bribie Island
2nd Yr Out Of Trade Apprentice Floor Technician
East Coast Apprenticeships is a proud traditional Group Training Organisation that employs Apprentices and Trainees in all industry areas. We have been in operations for 30 years and our core business is Group Training with a focus on traditional trade apprentices.
Floor layers and finishers prepare flooring surfaces, including polished concrete floors; and install and finish carpet, resilient, vinyl and timber flooring materials and polished concrete floors.
NOTE: Junior wage rate apply
In addition to working in a physically demanding trade you may also be required to :-
• Fix standard plasterboard wall and ceiling sheets.
• Read and work from plans and specifications
• Finish plasterboard joins and manually sand plaster work
• Cut and fix cornices
In addition to being enthusiastic, committed and reliable, you will have a strong passion for this industry and ideally will:-
• Have your drivers licence and your own vehicle
• Have practical and good hand-eye co-ordination as well as attention to detail
• Understand the importance of Workplace Health & Safety
• Keen to work and learn
• Must have some previous demonstrated experience in timber prep & paint work (clear coats) – position not suitable for completely inexperienced person
• Be up to date with TAFE training relevant to year level.
Applicants who have completed relevant work experience or pre-vocational courses in this industry will be very highly regarded.
Already completed an online Application with East Coast Apprenticeships?
Email your full name, email address, date of birth and Employer Reference Number BGFTECH to [email protected]