- : Deception Bay
1st or 2nd Year Apprentice Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Mechanic
East Coast Apprenticeships is a proud traditional Group Training Organisation that employs Apprentices and Trainees in all industry areas. We have been in operations for 30 years and our core business is Group Training with a focus on traditional trade apprentices. We currently employ more than 400 apprentices and trainees and more than 2000 active Host Employers. With East Coast, you have the opportunity of placement with several Hosts throughout your apprenticeship giving you continued work and a wide set of skills at completion.
Refrigeration and air-conditioning mechanics assemble, install, service and repair industrial, commercial and domestic refrigeration and air-conditioning systems in homes, shops, factories, office buildings and hospitals.
NOTE: Junior wage rate apply
In addition to working outdoors and at heights in a physically demanding trade you may also be required to :-
• Follow plans and specifications to install units part by part and bolt them down
• Drill holes, install mounting brackets and cut, bend and thread piping
• Install parts such as compressors, motors, condensers, evaporators, air filters, switches and gauges, and copper lines for steam, gas, refrigerant, compressed air, oil, fuel and chilled water
• Attach piping to refrigeration systems
In addition to being enthusiastic, committed and reliable, you will have a strong passion for this industry and ideally will:-
• Have your drivers licence and your own vehicle
• Enjoy maths and technical activities
• Must have some experience with split system installation
• Must be up to date with TAFE training & eprofiling relevant to year level
• Have practical and good hand-eye co-ordination
• Understand the importance of Workplace Health & Safety
Applicants who have completed relevant work experience or pre-vocational courses in this industry will be very highly regarded.
Already completed an online Application with East Coast Apprenticeships?
Email your full name, email address, date of birth and Employer Reference Number BGREFR to [email protected]