We have offices located in
East Coast Apprenticeships specialises in all areas of employment for Traditional Trades including:
- Building and Construction
- Off-site Construction
- Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning
- Business Administration
- Commercial Cookery
- And many more...
Group Training is an easy, flexible alternative for businesses that want to take on Apprentices and Trainees. East Coast Apprenticeships employ Apprentices and Trainees and then place them with 'Host Employers'; usually small to medium sized businesses. Companies are also beginning to see the benefits of using our Group Training Scheme. These benefits include:
- Providing professional service and experienced staff to manage recruitment - making sure you get the best person for your job.
- A full 'pastoral care' service looking after your Apprentices and Trainees.
- Calculating and paying their salaries and on costs according to Awards, EBAs and AWAs.
- Arranging all training requirements and assessments with the approved Registered Training Organisations.
- Rotating Apprentices/Trainees to suit your workload, business and training requirements.
- Completing all statutory paperwork.
- Monitoring and supporting the placement throughout the period of employment, to make sure everything runs smoothly.
East Coast Apprenticeships is not a Hire Company. It is very important to acknowledge this and to understand the critical difference because to confuse the two, creates a risk of denying the real training value of apprenticeships and traineeships.
What are those differences?
Firstly, Group Training places apprentices and trainees with Host Employers as a legal requirement to secure “On-the-Job” training, a formal feature of a Registered Training Plan. In a Host Employers’ workplace, the apprentice is there to be trained and supervised. Supervision is a legal requirement under Workplace Health and Safety legislation and the legitimate requirements of the Training Plan. Training under supervision is the key and the direct supervisor must be qualified and committed to this role.
On the other hand, a Hire Company hires competent individuals who are already skilled or are semi-skilled workers to the level required to complete designated tasks. As competent workers at a pre-determined skills level, they are not required to have training to complete what they have been hired to do, nor are they required to be supervised in training for that purpose.
Another most discerning role of East Coast Apprenticeships, a Group Training Organisation, is Pastoral Care. The quality of Pastoral Care is an essential ingredient in the training and supervision roles of apprentices and trainees under training and supervision.
The final significant implication of East Coast Apprenticeships and our apprentices and trainees placed with Host Employers is the increased practical responsibility of the Host Employer to the safety and welfare of those apprentices and trainees in the Host Employers’ controlled workplace.
“For training and under supervision” must always be remembered and acknowledged by Host Employers with East Coast Apprenticeships' apprentices and trainees.
THE BOARD MEMBERS
Alan Sparks CEO